At any given point in our lives, life would teach us a thing or two. Or probably twenty-two. 🙂
Allow me to share the 22 life lessons I learned by age 22. Some are easily learned while most are learned the hard way.
Okay, here it goes.
1. Everything in life is a matter of choice.
2. Know and understand yourself. That’s the deepest knowledge of all.
3. Appreciate good people in your life. And ignore the evil ones.
4. “Be here” or else don’t go there.
5. Do write. It’s a healing to your soul.
6. Don’t beg for encouragement. DIY.
7. Be a friend to your mother. Not a rebel.
8. Control the things you can control. And leave the things you can’t.
9. Don’t make it a habit to explain yourself to everyone.
10. Success is hearing your own voice and seeing your own eyes. ‘Cause success is having a sense of one’s self.
11. Shit happens. Be calm.
12. Love is like a pill. Take it if it would make you feel well. Discontinue if it’s making you ill. (Inspired by P!nk’s song)
13. College is the worst chapter of my life. But that won’t define the rest of my life.
14. If you look down on people, don’t expect them to look up to you.
15. Always say please and thank you.
16. My family isn’t perfect. But they’re God’s perfect gift to me.
17. It’s never too late to reconstruct your dreams.
18. Truth is relative. (Especially when it comes to religion).
19. You are not right all the time.
20. You’re young and wild and free. But act responsibly.
21. Make peace with yourself.
22. Learning is never-ending.
*I do not own the posted image. All rights belong to its rightful owner.